Tuesday 21 January 2014

Prada Candy review

Due to the mixed reviews on this perfume I thought it would be beneficial to write my own review on this perfume. I first came across this perfume in Duty Free New Zealand, I instantly found myself gravitating towards it as it had a "free gift" sign next to it (it sounds awfully materialistic, but hey, more value for money.) Unfortunately, I was not allowed to purchase it at the time but I did end up getting it. I do think that I was a bit biased towards this perfume at the time of purchase and I could have opted for something else, $150NZD for a 50mL bottle, that's just a different form of robbery.




The initial scent is a sort of aged musk, it soon develops to a more defined musk with a barely there caramel smell. Over time, it sets to a definite block hard caramel smell. It's the type of caramel that can be mistaken by a untrained nose as a sweet sugary smell, a sort of candy maybe? Hence the name Prada Candy (haha). After about four hours, Prada Candy fades into thin air like it never even existed.
It's a very love or hate it perfume, do you love it or hate it?

Pink Sugar by Aquolina is considered to be a good dupe. I've already bought it and I might do a first impressions blog post.

Blog ya later,
Sophie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment